Construction Update May 17, 2019
Last week, while removing the asphalt, crews unearthed the old street railway ties. The Region’s archaeological consultant ASI measured and documented their location and condition before removal in accordance with Ministry standards and guidelines.
Progress since last update:
· Asphalt has been removed on the north side of King Street:
· Temporary watermain connections are complete
· Sanitary sewer replacement has started:
Upcoming work over the next couple of weeks:
· Union Gas will be on site replacing the gas main on the north side of King Street between Lowther Street and Westminster Street.
· Sanitary sewer replacement will continue between Lowther Street and Argyle Street.
· Crews will begin work in Stage 1 (Dover Street to Argyle Street) including assembly and testing of the temporary watermain, shift traffic lanes to the south side of King Street, asphalt removal on the north side of King Street and possibly start the sanitary sewer replacement at Dover Street
Please read the Region's notice to owners and tenants about starting work in Stage 1 (Dover Street to Argyle Street) here.
We want to remind everyone that King Street will remain open to one lane of traffic in each direction for the duration of construction, and on-street parking on King Street will not be permitted within the construction zone. A parking map is available here, identifying the locations of on-street parking and public parking lots surrounding King Street.