Construction Update - May 21, 2021
If you have general questions about COVID-19 or want more information, please view the information provided by the Region of Waterloo.
If you have questions about this construction project related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, please review the information provided by the Region of Waterloo on the Construction and Road Closures page.
The underground work at the intersection of King Street and Bishop Street is continuing. It is anticipated that the north side intersection closure at Bishop Street will re-open to vehicular traffic near the end of May. Sidewalks and pedestrian access at the intersection will continue to be maintained. View detour map here.
Work completed since last update:
- Sidewalk installation on south side of King street between Union Street and Dolph Street;
- Watermain connections at Chestnut Street intersection and at Bishop Street intersection;
- Electrical conduit work from Montrose Street to Lowther Street;
- Majority of tree planting.
Work to be completed over the next 2 weeks:
- Roadway excavation on north side of King Street between Chestnut Street and Bishop Street;
- Sidewalk installation on south side of King Street between Dolph Street and Lowther Street, and between Union Street and Chestnut Street;
- Landscaping behind sidewalks after sidewalk installation;
- Curb placement on north side of King Street between Chesnut Street and Bishop Street, followed by asphalt paving.
We appreciate the community's continued understanding as we complete this important work.
Every reasonable effort is being made during construction to minimize disruption and complete the work efficiently and cost effectively. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.