Construction Update May 3, 2019
Construction continues this week, as crews switch buildings over to the temporary watermain along King Street between Laurel Street and Argyle Street.
Progress to Date:
· Streetlights on the north side of the road have been removed within the construction area
· Temporary watermain (blue pipe) along King Street between Laurel Street and Argyle Street has been set up and tested
· The existing King Street watermain has been disconnected from all of the side streets to get ready for its removal
Upcoming work over the couple of weeks:
· Temporary watermain hookups will continue next week. This will result in a temporary water disruption during this transfer. Affected businesses and residents will be notified at least 48 hours in advance.
· Traffic will be shifted to the south side of the street (maintaining one lane of traffic in each direction).
· Asphalt removals will start on the north side of the street.
· Sanitary sewer replacement will begin, starting at Lowther Street moving west toward Argyle Street.
We want to remind everyone that King Street will remain open to one lane of traffic in each direction for the duration of construction, and on-street parking on King Street will not be permitted within the construction zone. A parking map is available here, identifying the locations of on-street parking and public parking lots surrounding King Street.