Construction Update - May 7, 2021
If you have general questions about COVID-19 or want more information, please view the information provided by the Region of Waterloo.
If you have questions about this construction project related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, please review the information provided by the Region of Waterloo on the Construction and Road Closures page.
In order to complete the underground work at the intersection of King Street and Bishop Street, the north side of the intersection has been closed to vehicular traffic on Bishop Street since April 27 while sidewalks and pedestrian access at the intersection have been maintained. This closure is anticipated to take approximately 3 weeks. View detour map here
Works completed since Bishop intersection north-side closure:
- Sidewalk on north side of King Street East;
- Installation of tree pits in Phase 3;
- Installation of Preston Town Centre Sign.
Works over the next 2 weeks:
- Watermain connection at Bishop intersection. Public notices will be distributed to all impacted properties in advance once more detailed date and time become available;
- Sanitary sewer and service installation between Chestnut Street and Bishop Street;
- Complete sidewalk installation on west side of Chestnut Street;
- Electrical conduit work from Montrose Street to Lowther Street.
We appreciate the community's continued understanding as we complete this important work.
Every reasonable effort is being made during construction to minimize disruption and complete the work efficiently and cost effectively. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.