Doors Open Waterloo Region 2019 Final Report
The Region of Waterloo would like to thank all those who came out to attend Doors Open Waterloo Region 2019, our 43 participating sites hosted over 12,200 visitors!
326 visitors completed surveys after participating in Doors Open Waterloo Region providing helpful information including:
- 76% of visitors rated Doors Open Waterloo Region as ‘Excellent’ and an additional 21.5% rated the event as ‘Good’;
- 12% of visitors were from outside Waterloo Region, the majority of which were from Toronto, but others travelling from Australia, Surrey BC, and London (ON);
- 38% of visitors were participating for the first time in Doors Open Waterloo Region.
When asked for comments about the event, visitor responses included:
- “Opportunity for children to learn about the importance of clean water and history of the development of cities based on the role of water."
- “It was a great experience. The volunteers at the sites were welcoming and full of information. It was a treat to go inside buildings that usually aren’t open to the public.”
- “Love this experience. Wish it were possible to see more in a day! Thanks for it!”
- “I like that we get the chance to visit so many places that aren't usually open to the public. I like the guided tours. The sites are always busy and it shows how many people are interested in learning more about our community.”
- “It is a good way to introduce folks to places like our hidden treasures like the Fashion Museum and Pioneer Tower. I am always curious about buildings which have local interest but are rarely open to the public.”
- “Read about Doors Open in the Hamilton Spectator. Thanks so much to the organizers and sites participating. Really appreciate the no-cost to visiting the sites.”
Planning is already underway for this year’s event, to be held Saturday September 19, 2020. Stay tuned to Engage Waterloo Region for updates and we will see you again in September!