E-scooters permitted by Region and Cities
Effective July 1, 2022, e-scooters are permitted within the Region and Cities on:
- All roads 50 km/hr or less
- All roads with bike lanes, regardless of speed limit
- On all boulevard multi-use paths
- E.g., paved trails next to roads like Homer Watson Blvd.
- Select paved recreation multi-use trails
- E.g., Iron Horse Trail, Spur Line Trail, etc.
Helmets are mandatory for all e-scooter riders, regardless of age.
Visit the e-scooter project timeline on this page and visit the Region's By-laws page for more information.
The Region and Cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo will be looking at proposals for a shared rental system for bikes and e-scooters from September to October 2022.
The Project Team will work with the selected operator to set a 2023 launch date.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link