Preferred option selected for Mackay Cresent
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the selection process. The Project Team would like to share that Option 2 has been selected for the installation of the sidewalk on Mackay Crescent:
Option 2: (view as pdf)
- New 1.5 metre wide sidewalk in front of hydro transformers, with exception of area adjacent to commercial property at intersection of Weber and Mackay. where the sidewalk will be behind the existing hydro infrastructure.
- Asphalt width of road narrowed to 6.5 metres from 8.4 metres.
- On-street parking will be permitted on the north side of the street only.
- 1.0 metre boulevard between sidewalk and curb on the south side meets minimum suggested width for physical separation and snow storage.
The evaluation process considered numerous criteria, including cost, impact on trees, and public feedback received.
With regard to survey results, they were as follows:
- 19 people responded to the survey
- 11 of those respondents indicated that they live on MacKay
- Overall, the total option scores (where lowest score indicates preference) were Option 2 (35), Option 3 (45) Option 1 (46) and Option 4 (64).
- Of those who live on MacKay, the scores were Option 2 (21), Option 1 (23) Option 3 (30) and Option 4 (36).