Based on many of the great conversations and discussions had at the October meeting, here is what we have in mind for the next task force meeting on November 19th:
1. We'll start the meeting with an interactive icebreaker activity 5:30 - 5:55 (25 minutes)
2. Next, a presentation to the whole group will be done from 6:00 - 6:30 (30 minutes) covering the mandate of the task force, overview of key topics and activities, expected deliverables, and a draft "vision statement" for this task force generated from all of the ideas shared during the icebreaker at the last meeting. Two large-scale visuals will be posted on the wall to accompany this presentation, which will then be used for one of the discussion tables later in the evening.
These two visuals include a Task Force Road Map, and an Idea Map generated from the open brainstorming session from the last meeting. To view or download these documents, please go to the "Document Library" on the right of the screen.
3. Dinner Break 6:30 - 7:00 (30 minutes)
4. Discussion Tables 7:00 - 8:30 (25 minute sessions) will be underway for the remainder of the meeting, focused on the following topics:
- Community Inclusion/Community Engagement Methods - with a focus on guiding principals (with examples), and ideas for community engagement tactics or methods that can be used through the work of the task force.
- Story Sharing Table - this table will be focused on providing opportunities to share stories and lived experiences, and to speak about why this work is important to you. We also have some ideas about how to keep this kind of story-sharing going within the task force, and outside of the task force.
- Feedback session on the earlier presentation - in this session all task force members will have opportunities to provide feedback and make suggestions on the vision, direction, topics, activities and roadmap developed for the task force. The large-scale visuals are meant to be working documents to follow us through the work of the task force and can be written on, added to, and developed further with each task force meeting.