Montgomery Creek Restoration Information Night
Join us for a Creek Restoration Information Night
Thursday, May 5, 2022
6:30–7:20 Creek walk in Wilson Park
7:30–8:30 Presentation at Kingsdale Community Centre, 72 Wilson Ave, Kitchener
Meet at Wilson Park on the trail near Wilson Drive
- How the City of Kitchener and our design and construction partners will create a natural creek channel
- Why the new creek construction will reduce erosion and improve the health of the surrounding watershed
- What native plants and habitat features will stabilize the creek and improve biodiversity
- What the construction process involves, and why we had to cut down so many well-loved trees to make room for the restored creek.
- How to take action in your yard to reduce runoff entering the creek. You can make changes that increase biodiversity to support wildlife in your neighbourhood!
This project is now complete and the creek is restored. For more information about stormwater initiatives, please visit kitchener.ca/stormwater