What we heard & our action plan
During a three-month engagement process in 2021, we heard from 805 residents, business owners and stakeholders about making it easier to walk to the market and host events on the street.
Top themes included:
- A guiding vision
- Each street has a different function and feel
- Making your way around is a challenge
- Maximize the Market's influence in the neighbourhood
- Match street closures with activities and programming
- Enhance the Eby Street entrance of the Market
- Protect parking for businesses
Read more about what we heard in the summary document. This also includes an action plan with 15 actions in three themes:
- Create a definable "feel" to the Market District
- Improve safety and comfort for getting around as a pedestrian
- Make it easy to host events on Eby Street
Learn about all fifteen actions in the summary document. Staff are already working hard to make this plan a reality. Be sure to visit the Market in the coming months to see the streets come to life!
We'd love to hear what you think! Post your reactions to what we heard and the action plan on the feedback board.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link