Draft Transportation Master Plan documents (staff report IPPW2021-003 attachments)
The staff report IPPW2021-003 City of Waterloo Transportation Master Plan Update (PDF, begins page 82) was presented to Council on January 18th. The associated Transportation Master Plan document is a large file that has been broken up as follows for ease of download and reading:
Executive Summary (pdf)
- A summary of the entire project contents, including recommendations.
Introduction and Table of Contents (pdf)
- Chapter 1 of the report Introduces the project, including Purpose and Objectives. The table of contents provides information on where to find areas of interest within the larger report.
Volume 1 Foundations (pdf)
- Chapter 2 – Stakeholder Engagement summarizes the engagement activities carried out in developing the WTMP with details of the program content, communication methods and feedback received.
- Chapter 3 – Planning Context details the policy framework for the WTMP.
- Chapter 4 – Existing Environment describes the natural, cultural and socioeconomic environments.
- Chapter 5 – Transportation System documents current transportation networks and travel characteristics at the time of preparing the plan.
- Chapter 6 – Future Outlook identifies anticipated transportation opportunities and challenges, the alternative planning solutions considered to address expected needs, and the City’s transportation vision and objectives.
- Chapter 7 – Implementation explains the process and tools for implementing the WTMP, highlights operating and maintenance considerations, and proposes monitoring strategies and a process of continual review and updates to the plan.
Volume 2 Active Transportation Strategy (pdf)
- Chapter 8 – Active Transportation presents the proposed cycling and pedestrian networks and supporting policies, guidelines, and end-of-trip facilities, with a description of the process followed to develop this component of the plan.
Volume 3 Roads, Transit and Future Mobility Strategies (pdf)
- Chapter 10 – Transit and Future Mobility outlines new and developing transportation considerations including measures to support transit, emerging mobility options, mobility as a service and mobility on demand, and connected and autonomous vehicles.
Appendix A Engagement Program (pdf)
- All public notices, survey information and other public consultation and engagement for the project.
Appendix B Updated Sidewalk Policy (pdf)
- Draft version of the new policy for review.
Compendium of Working Papers (Technical Memoradums) (pdf)
Any comments on these documents or the project as a whole can be added to the Comments section of the project page.
Three key components of the WTMP are the Winter Maintenance (Section 8.6, Volume 2, page 134), Vision Zero (Section 9.2.1 and 9.2.2, Volume 3, page 164) and Neighbourhood Wide 40 km/h Speed Limit (Section 9.2.3, Volume 3, page 168) policies, and we want to know if these draft policies are headed in the right direction. Please take some time to review the information in the draft WTMP, and share your thoughts with us.