September 2020 Project Update
A lot has happened since our last update in June! Staff completed three new improvement projects in July and August:
- An online Planning 101 workshop for public participants (currently in the pilot testing stage);
- Developing the framework for a video explainer series that aims to break-down barriers to public engagement (RFP closed Sept. 29); and,
- Creating new website content to improve the customer experience through better articulation of key processes and procedures
In early September, staff began working on three additional improvement projects:
- The development of industry explainers/scorecards for site plan requirements;
- Leveraging AMANDA for reporting key measures of success in the site plan process; and,
- Improving file management practices related to the timing of feedback, issues resolution, and decision-making and accountability
New post-engagement survey launched in DSD in September!
Data is foundational for the creation of equity-informed engagement opportunities that are accessible to all of our citizens – this is our end goal.
In 2019, a Lean review was completed on public engagement activities and one of the improvements identified was the creation of a standard survey across DSD to collect feedback on in-person engagement methods as well as demographic data.
This data will help inform our engagement processes and plans by identifying where there are gaps and barriers to engagement. Answers to the survey questions will help us understand who we are engaging and who we’re not. If we don’t ask, then we won’t know if discrimination or exclusion is happening, and if we don’t know who is utilizing the services, then we cannot develop strategies to correct any existing barriers.
Consultation has concluded