January 17, 2020 Deadline for Feedback - Employment Land Conversion Criteria, Regional Recharge Area (in southwest Kitchener) and Candidate Agricultural Areas
The first round of Open Houses are complete and we were pleased to be able to talk to so many community members about growth within Waterloo Region.
If you were unable to come to one of the Open Houses, or still have some thoughts that you'd like to share with us on:
- the draft employment land conversion criteria;
- the proposed criteria for the Candidate Areas in the Agricultural Land Base; and,
- the proposed mapping of the Regional Recharge Area (RRA) in the Southwest Kitchener Policy Area;
please do so by January 17, 2020. Feedback on the employment land criteria and agricultural land base can be submitted through this survey. Feedback on the proposed mapping for the RRA can be submitted directly to ABridge@regionofwaterloo.ca.We will then review the information received, continue to work on the technical analyses that will feed into our Land Needs Assessment, and anticipate being ready for another round of public consultation by Spring 2020.
- The draft employment land conversion criteria, based on criteria provided in the province's A Place to Grow, can be seen on the Open House Display Boards (board #10). After the January 17, 2020 deadline for feedback, we will finalize the criteria, and then publish a public notice regarding the submission of employment conversion requests, providing a 60 day window for submissions.
- The proposed criteria and the draft mapping, using direction from this provincial publication, can be seen on the Open House Display Boards (boards 16 and 17). Based on the feedback we receive, Regional staff will present updated information at the next round of public consultation in Spring 2020.
- The proposed delineation (mapping) of the Regional Recharge Area in the Southwest Kitchener Policy Area can be seen on the Open House Display Boards (boards 12 and 13) and the technical information upon which the proposed delineation (mapping) can be accessed here or here. Based on the feedback we receive, Regional staff will present the recommended mapping to Regional Council in 2020.